Watching your web traffic come to your store in droves, then hitch-hike on over to the next site?
How about the old 'add-to-cart-love-you-then-leave-you' scenario?
DID YOU JUST DIE A LITTLE?!
When you walk into a bricks and mortar store, the stylist builds a rapport with you using eye contact and mirroring social cues. As a customer, you have time to EXPERIENCE the brand, enjoy the hand feel of the product, and immerse yourself in their world.
Online? Ain't nobody got time for that. 15 seconds, to be precise.
So, as an online store, how do you emulate that experience and close more sales? HERE'S HOW.
STEP 1 - HEADLINE
- ✍️ Write a bolded headline in your product description of 5-12 words.
- NOTE: the headline will explain what the product will do for your customer, not what it is.
- VOILA: Get sales copy that encourages click through on a Google listing.
STEP 2 - SUCCINCT PARAGRAPHS
- 📄 Follow your headline with 2-3 succinct paragraphs.
- The first paragraph of your product description doesn't need to be fancy; it’s a distilled summary of the product’s ingredients, fabrics, materials.
- The first question people want answered is, “What is it?”
- Then answer, “What will it do for me?”
STEP 3 - EMOTION
- ❤️ Tap into human emotions.
- Acknowledge their problem and that you empathise with it. (See what I did in the intro?)
- Write less about the product and more about the consumer. Understand their concerns, needs, wants, desires and wildest dreams!
STEP 4 - BENEFITS
- ✔️ Bullet point the benefits of your product.
- Listen up: The benefits are NOT the features.
- This is your opportunity to SELL. How do you do that? Instead of talking about the velcro strap on the side, talk about 'the time you'll save when running out the door'.
- This difference is EVERYTHING on your product page.
- List the benefits using ticks or a positive, inspiring bullet point icon.
STEP 5 - CTA
- ✅ Your CTA button should stand out and the copy is clear, not cute.
- You want to inspire people to take action.
- ADD TO CART or BUY NOW will do it.
STEP 6 - CREDIBILITY
- 💋 Add testimonials - the more the merrier.
- You can also add credibility using partner logos, media quotes, celebrity quotes, endorsements or awards - anything that takes your brand from nobody to somebody.
- This step is CRITICAL if you want to MOVE people to enter those cc details.
- Truthfully, we are herd animals; nobody likes a nobody!
STEP 7 - THE MAGIC WORD
- 💎 Use the magic word of YOU - COPY 101.
STEP 8 - JOURNEY
- 👀 Step outside yourself.
- Follow the customer journey of your competitors and discover what you’re missing.⠀⠀
- Have a friend review your product images - ensure they're bright and clear. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes makes all the difference.
Head on over to my store to see what it's all about.
Or save this story on your IG saves right over here.